Building 6 is an approximately 1,412,374 SF manufacturing building. The building has a substantially open floor plan with high bay and two-story production areas. The building was constructed in 1943 for the production of aircraft and is equipped with all the necessary features to support heavy manufacturing. The last major upgrade was reportedly completed in 2004 and included addition of a Cafeteria. Recent improvements include replacement of (2) electrical substations and roof sections.

Building Highlights

Size
Total:
1,412,374
High Bay:
232,200
Main Plant – 1st Floor:
428,980
South Section – 1st Floor:
125,320
Main Plant – 2nd Floor:
428,980
South Section – 2nd Floor:
120,320
Office – High Bay:
18,300
Loading Area:
10,000
Cafeteria & Basement:
21,500
Other, balance:
26,774
Previous Use
Manufacturing
Construction
Date of Construction:
1943
Description:
Cast–in-place concrete foundation and structure, steel framing, concrete slab-on-grade, concrete deck
Column Spacing:
High Bay: Clear span
Main Plant Area, 1st Floor: 25’ x 25’
Main Plant Area, 2nd Floor: 50’ x 50’
Clear Heights, Manufacturing:
High Bay: 30’-6”
Slab Thickness::
Manufacturing Areas: 5”
Overhead Cranes
Total:
136
< 3 Ton and Unknown Size:
118
3 – 8 Ton:
11
10 – 12 Ton:
7
Loading
Exterior Doors:
Large tilt-up hangar door at west side of High Bay Station
960-Bldg-Hero-6A
960-Bldg-6B
960-Bldg-6C
960-Bldg-6D